Download related software
First you have to download latest samba server, BDB, Perl and Open LDAP server, in next step you can install them just compiling the source code (./configure, make, make install, enable package support according to your requrement, ex: ./configure --enable-ssl). else you can do 'yum' (for redhat/fedora/centos) or 'apt-get' (for Ubuntu/Debian).
yum install samba
apt-get install samba
- Copy samba.schema to /etc/ldap/schema
- Add "include /etc/ldap/schema/samba.schema" into /etc/ldap/slapd.conf under "# Schema and objectClass definitions"
- Change the suffix "dc=nodomain" , this depend on your domain name, let say if you use ldap.google.com, then suffix is "dc=ldap,dc=google,dc=com"
- Add "index objectClass,rid,uid,uidNumber,gidNumber,memberUid eq" and "index cn,mail,surname,givenname eq,subinitial" to /etc/ldap/slapd.conf, this is using while searching the entities.
- Here I have linked my slapd.conf for your reference.
- Change ldap.conf by adding HOST and BASE, HOST should be your LDAP server IP address and BASE is your LDAP BASE DN suffix.
- Here I have linked my ldap.conf file. This is using by ldap clients.
- run slapd to start the Open LDAP server
- Get SID using "net getlocalsid" command and add the SID to /etc/opt/IDEALX/smbldap-tools/smbldap.conf (This path may depend on your installation)
- Change Master and Slave LDAP server infomations in smbldap.conf
- Change ldapSSL and ldapTLS to '0', else you have to set security certificates as well other wise smbldap tools will not connect with your ldap server.
- Here I have attached my smbldap.conf.
- Add your slave and master DNs and thier passwords to /etc/opt/IDEALX/smbldap-tools/smbldap_bind.conf (This path may depend on your installation)
- Here I have attached my smbldap_bind.conf (This ise usful to bind with ldap server, bcz this authentication details of admin DN).
- Finaly you can use smbldap-populate command which is comes with smbldap-tools to add initial records to your ldap server.
- Here I linked my smb.conf, it has all the ldap related parameters.
- restart the samba server and type following command to bind samba with LDAP serevr. Secret is your ldap root DN password.
smbpasswd -w secret
I can recommend to use phpldapadmin and JXplorer tools for manage your ldap server.