In my laptop this happen due to pulseaudio software. After uninstalling it, skype is start working. I followed steps which noted below to get skype work.
- killed all pulsaudio processes.
- following command will kill all processes which related to pulseaudio.
- ps ax | grep pulseaudio | cut -c 1-5 | xargs kill -9
- removed pulseaudio start up files from /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/ directory.
- or you can remove execution permission from pulseaudio, using following command.
- chmod -x /usr/bin/pulseaudio
- reinstall the skype (because sometimes without reinstalling skype not working)
- goto skype options and check the driver.
- now Skype should work.
I could see people facing to similar issue who used the Ubuntu.